Makes:~ 7 servings Serving Size:1 bowl Nutrition Per Serving Calories:341 Protein:25 g Carbs:29 g Fat:11.5 g
This recipe is healthy, surprisingly filling and truly stimulates all of the senses! Creamy, tart goat cheese, toasted almonds, sweet, chewy apricots and warm, tender chicken are tossed together to create this exciting and delicious meal. Fresh lemon zest, scallions and chopped parsley add a clean, bright flavor and pop of color.
24 ounces cooked chicken breast, chopped
2 cups of Uncle Ben’s Instant Brown Rice (uncooked)
2 cups of low sodium chicken stock
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1 cup of dried apricots
1/3 cup of goat cheese, rough chopped
1 cup of scallions, chopped
½ cup of fresh parsley chopped
½ Lemon (zest and juice)
1 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
Kosher Salt Ground black pepper (to taste)
1) Bring 1 ½ cups of water to a boil over high heat in small pot. Once water is boiling, turn burner off. Add apricots and allow to sit in liquid (to plump and soften).
2) Prepare rice according to instructions on box, except: A) use low sodium chicken broth as cooking liquid in place of water (so rice absorbs the chicken broth flavor). B) Do not add margarine, butter, oil or salt to the rice. C) Add smashed garlic cloves to rice while it’s cooking.
3) While rice is cooking, drain apricots well. Pat dry with a paper towel. Chop into small pieces and set aside.
4) Once rice is cooked and drained, remove and discard garlic and place rice in large bowl. Add chopped chicken, apricots, parsley and scallions. Drizzle olive oil and fresh lemon over top. Add lemon zest and toss gently to combine.
5) Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top each serving with goat cheese
What is the Balance?
This recipe has a perfect balance of protein, carbohydrates and fat.
If this recipe is too high or too low in calories according to your personal nutritional parameters, simply reduce or increase your portion size.